12.31.2010

Good Bye 2010!



Dear 2011,
Please be better than 2010. Because 2010 kind of sucked. Not all of it.

A toast to my friends, new and old; family, present and lost; and my blog followers, known and unknown.

Copy/Paste from my Facebook note...

2010 was kind of a rough one. Initially, I thought we'd be golden, but it started with a cancer diagnosis and everything kind of changed from there. 2010 is ending on a more positive note. M has a new job; I'm quitting my part time job to seek other ventures; there are potential home improvement projects on the horizon; and my passion for dance has grown into this uncontrollable force to be reckoned with.

It's that time of year again when I start thinking of all the items I wish to accomplish in the upcoming year. All pending that there are no disasters to hinder progress. Here we go...


Small Stuff:

  • Get a new dishwasher.
  • Organize the home office so that it's productive and I can find things!
  • Paint the guest bathroom.
  • Take a ballet and jazz class at least once a month.
  • Cook one meal from scratch once a week. (Using fresh ingredients when available... not bagged stuff.)
  • Practice more, when I am at the studio. (Not play on my IPod...)
  • Find new Latin shoes that actually fit. And are comfortable. And don't make me want to fall over.
  • Repeat my samba routine without messing it up at the beginning and fixing all the quirks we ran out of time for.
  • Continue to learn about the manual settings on our SLR so I can keep taking pretty photos.
  • Complete my Project 365.

Medium Stuff:

  • Compete in two WCS events. Try Strictly Swing, if I can find a partner.
  • Compete in a Pro-Am ballroom event that I haven't been to before.
  • Successfully learn paso doble and put on one hell of a spring showcase routine.
  • Continue my "rule" to only go into the studio if there are two 45 minute sessions of interest (so, a private lesson and a class... 2 classes... etc.)
  • Continue to take Thursdays and most Fridays off from dance. (Sorry, social dancing friends!)
  • Apply for the CMP exam.
  • Study for the CMP exam. Yes, this means I'll disappear into a pile of books from the end of May until late July. :( No PSC for me this year.
  • Take the CMP exam in July.
  • Travel to NYC (by myself)! Visit Elizabeth and swing dance at John Lindo's studio.
  • Travel somewhere with Matt, pending his vacations.
  • Find new clients for the graphic design business.
  • Figure out more retirement options. (For Matt.)

Big Stuff:

  • Stay healthy!! Figure out all of my ailments and injuries, while not gaining new ones. That goes for my family and friends!
  • Learn west coast swing forwards, backwards, and sideways, so I can successfully choreograph something. Or at least social dance with a follower without doing 27 consecutive sugar pushes.
  • Turn August 2011 into a giant party month. You only turn 30 once.

No comments:

Post a Comment